Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pebbles

The recent 'postponement' of our very first CF day has brought with it the obvious dose of sadness. However in addition, a healthy dose of expansion and growth has accompanied it. Not only are we looking forward to finding a venue we can call 'our own', we are excited at the prospect of having a haven (virtually and physically) where others can come for that Creative Refuge.

Learning to see things as a positive is always difficult, however I believe with practice, when one starts to see things in an artistic and creative light, possibilities emerge. Solutions we did not think of before are now made aware to us. Or better yet - WE are aware. For we have now taken on a new set of blinkers, applying our talents and passions to how we look at everyday life. This is why I believe in Art and Creation. It is not only the production of a work, it is a way in which we can teach our children and those around us to look at life - for when we encounter all sorts of experiences, we can choose to look at them logically, or creatively. The pebble clouds my vision when I hold it up to my eye, but when I throw it back on the ground, it takes its place amongst the others as the path I travel through my creative life.

So let's see this little hiccup as a pebble, one of the many hiccups we will encounter on our artistic journey. And let's paint those pebbles along the way ;) Lin x

PS. Newsletter coming!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment